Top 10 things needed to design a website
1. Determine your target market.
2. If you are selling a product, consider the purchasing cycle and what information the customer needs (or is seeking) at each stage of the cycle.
3. Your content and/or articles should be directed to your target audience. Be specific, original and add new information regularly to keep your visitors interested.
4. Develop an extensive list of relevant keywords.
5. Generate additional revenue. This can be accomplished through selling something on the website, even if you have a service business. Potential items could be branded merchandise, CDs/DVDs or an ebook. Another option is adding affiliate marketing programs or Google AdSense ads.
6. Make sure the website's navigation is user friendly. They should also be able to find things quickly if they are looking for something specific.
7. Anticipate how people will find your site and develop good landing pages that will result in conversions.
8. Make sure people want to explore your website pages and not leave quickly.
9. Design the site to be visually attractive using bold color, animation, and video.
10. Use a spell checker before publishing any content.